Employer: Pricewaterhouse Coopers Ltd
Duty Station: Mwanza or Ruvuma, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out a baseline survey on key parameters for monitoring during the implementation phase of Rice or maize value chains for Mwanza and Ruvuma, respectively;
• Conduct participatory planning workshops for Rice or maize value chains;
• Assist in developing final M&E plan for Rice or maize value chains.
• Conduct participatory capacity building workshops for all the value chains;
• Assist in monitoring implementation against the M&E plans for all value chains;
• Establish key requirements by major processors (including volumes, prices and frequency of supply);
• Contribute to the technical design of M&E methodologies;
• Work with project staff to ensure M&E tools and processes are understood and used;
• Contribute to data collection, storage and analysis;
• Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on M&E decisions, such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators so as to enhance project performance;
• Ensure information from M&E activities is properly analysed and written up for reporting and learning, by undertaking and supporting activities;
• Presenting data and reports in writing and verbally to project team members;
• Promoting the sharing of written feedback about impact and learning findings to stakeholder groups;
• Ensuring reports and findings are communicated effectively via close collaboration with project coordinator and all team members.
Qualification and experience:
• Degree in Community Economic Development/Community Development Studies/ Social Sciences/ Development Studies;
• At least three years of proven experience in working in a monitoring and evaluating role involving the design and implementation and analysis of monitoring, evaluation.
• Experience in working in a complex projects, with various partners, stakeholders.
• Demonstrable understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles and practice;
• Excellent research skills, including quantitative and qualitative, research methods along with data analysis skills;
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
• Computer literate - Proficiency in the MS Office, Excel and Power point;
• Good teamwork and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
Applicants should be residents of Mwanza and Ruvuma, respectively.
A competitive rate will be paid to the candidates commensurate with qualifications and experience. MUVI will also meet the logistical costs of office space, communication, transport and per diems within the project area.
How to Apply:
The application should be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the address below. All applications including a detailed CV, one coloured passport size photograph, certified copies of certificates, and names and addresses of three work related referees with title marked “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer MUVI” on the top of the envelope should be addressed to:
Pemba House, 369 Toure Drive, Oyster Bay,
PO Box 45, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
T: +255(0)22 219 2000,
F: +255(0)22 219 2200,