Job Title: Marketing Director
Employer: Global Skill Consulting And Education
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
• The position reports to the Managing Director and serves as a member of the senior management team.
• This position participates with the Board of Directors and other management staff in charting the direction of the Organization,
• Work closely with the Executive Director, senior management team, staff of the Marketing/Communications/P.R.
• function, and the service providers.
• Outside the agency, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media.
Marketing, communications and public relations:
• Spot trends and design marketing tools that will give the company advantage over its competitors.
• Facilitate internal and external communications, activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
• Look after the organization’s desired image,brand and standing within the market
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
• Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
• Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
Planning and budgeting:
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission,
• goals and financial objectives therefore ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications
• Public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
• Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary for smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
• Keep abreast with developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
• Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective based on organization's position in the marketplace and constituent needs of customers.
• Assist in making sure that the organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are practiced throughout the organization.
• Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services offered by the Organization.
• Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
• Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
• Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
• Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
• Demonstrate successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
• Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in profit making organization.
• Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred or any other related field is desirable.
How to Apply:
Candidates should send their Cvs /Resumes and cover letters through the apply now button below
Deadline for all application is 4th April 2014.