Job Title: IT Officer
Job Ref No: INT0318
Employer: Oxfam International
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th March 2014
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To act as the contact person with the RISM for all IT issues relating to the Tanzania Country Programme.
• Ensure the reliability of the local email system in the Dar es Salaam and field offices
• Take regular backups of all local data
• Ensure that the virus protection software is installed on all machines and updated regularly
• Provide first line software support to all in country staff, including troubleshooting all the software problems by themselves
• Manage IT training to all in country staff
• Induct new staff in Oxfam’s computer systems
• Provide first level hardware maintenance and upgrades
• Keep an up to date inventory of all IT equipments both software and hardware
• Maintain the Local Area Network
• Manage IT contracts with external suppliers of goods and services where these things need to be bough in.
• To upgrade and install new versions of software on the server and the workstations in the office e.g MS-Office, SIPS, etc a advised by the Regional and Oxford IT
• To ensure the communication links with sub offices, and with Oxford server through email by maintaining the internet connection
• To back up the communications staff on radio cover
A candidate envisaged for this role will hold the following;
• Basic hardware, operating systems ( specifically windows XP/7 /Server 2003/2008) training, plus training on other application ( e.g. Lotus Domino, MS Office Suite)
• Ability to solve simple hardware problems on their own and provide good support on applications to the other users
• Ability to meet deadlines and able to organise work effectively whilst being proactive and showing initiative and tenacity
• Training skills in one-to-one capacity, groups and support role
• Ability to show logic and thinking through options before deciding on a course of action
• Ability to explain complex situation in simple terms
• Commitment to the Oxfam’s value and its policy on equal opportunities and diversity.
Job Gross salary: 1,728,002 Tshs and other benefits
How to Apply:
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional with strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you qualify for this post and you are the candidate that we are looking for, please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post applied and include daytime telephone contacts by applying online at: www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs and then go to current vacancies. You are advised to use advert Reference number and job title above.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
The closing date for this post is 28th March 2014.
Oxfam tunapiga vita rushwa. Ripoti rushwa kupitia firstname.lastname@example.org