Job Title: IT Assistant
Employer: The Guardian Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting daily IT operations, including helpdesk support, Networking, Software installation and development.
• Keep files for office and record helpdesk calls. Coordinate incoming calls with appropriate technical resources to resolve helpdesk related issues for the head office and all regional office branches.
• Manage inventory, including forwarding requests from various departments.
• Working on Backup systems with database on the server and produce monthly/yearly backup CD.
• Train users on usage of the software and systems used at The Guardian Limited.
• Design and develop applications to ease business growth.
• Create reports on operations and system usage.
• Create weekly/monthly reports as assigned by the MIS Manager.
• Supervise software systems in use.
• Assist in transferring initial IT related knowledge to staff in all departments.
• Self learning and keep up with technology.
• Working in a team with members of other departments to ensure Business Continuity.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of Advance Diploma in Information Technology or related filed(s). Minimum of two (2) years experience in the field (IT / MIS).
• Must have sounding experience in Basic hardware troubleshooting, Managing Networks, Design and Maintain Databases and code in PHP.
• Fluent in both English and Swahili languages.
• Good at time management, flexible and agile.
• Self motivated, creative with sounding self- problem solving skills.
The above position carries attractive remuneration as per The Guardian Limited salary structure and incentive package.
How to Apply:
All applications, with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications with daily contacts, including phone numbers should be forwarded to:
Human Resources Manager
The Guardian Limited
Mikocheni Light Industrial Area
P,O. Box 31042
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.