Job Title: International Business Development Officer
Employer: The High Commission of Canada In Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th March 2014
• Have the right to work in Tanzania;
• Hold a degree from a recognized university;
• Have at least three years' professional experience relevant to international business development;
• Be fluent in English or French;
• Be familiar with standard software packages.
• Be able to travel throughout East Africa and to Canada.
• Rated Requirements Superior judgment;
• Ability to think strategically; Client service/public relations; Networking/public affairs;
• Ability to write clearly and concisely, and to communicate orally in an effective manner;
• Ability to work in a team and to be flexible;
• Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with peers, superiors, subordinates, and clients;
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, dynamism, and leadership;
• Ability to organize work to produce results, often under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
• Experience working with Tanzanian government officials;
• Knowledge of Canada and/or experience of having worked with Canadians or international companies/organizations.
• Ability to speak, read and write in a second Canadian official language and/or in Swahili
• Graduate degree in business administration, management economics or commerce
• Knowledge of the Comoros and/or Seychelles and/or experience of having worked with the Government of the Seychelles and/or Comoros or international companies/organizations in the market
• As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will have to obtain a Canadian Enhanced Reliability Status, a process which will be initiated by the High Commission.
How to Apply:
A complete application consists of
1. Covering letter (no more than 300 words) explaining how the requirements are met;
3. List of 3 references.
All applications must be sent electronically; we do not accept paper applications. No supporting documentation is required at this time.
Email: Applicants must submit all application materials in English or French. Please address your email application (attachments max of 4 MB) to the apply now button below
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who are screened into the process can expect written examinations. The most successful candidates will be invited to a personal interview. Reference checks will be conducted. Any documentary evidence which is requested during the process will be verified