Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 3rd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee all personnel management, actions and payroll records in accordance with Africare and Government of Tanzania policies and procedures.
• Maintain and update staff personnel files and records including salary, annual and sick leave compensation, managing staff absences and ensure proper tracking of staff accrued leave days.
• Assist in setting Africare Country Office priorities.
• Prepare quarterly Host Country National personnel reports as required.
• Lead and guide the Africare Staff in staff training/developing, coaching, identifying staffing gaps and make recommendations to senior management.
• Take a leading role in motivating staff to contribute as fully as possible to the development of the organization’s programs.
• Supervise and coordinate the work of all staff following the Tanzania labor regulations.
• Supervising the recruitment of required staff in relation to the ongoing operational needs and project requirements, in accordance with host country labor laws, good practice and organization’s procedures. Conducting induction of administrative staff as required; provide technical and administrative line management to staff under his/her supervision.
• Review of benefits schemes such as health insurance provider on a yearly basis and advise the management accordingly
• Build capacity of staff both at country and field offices.
• Set annual targets for each staff of the unit in consultation with the staff. Maintain ongoing monitoring of the performance of staff against targets and take corrective steps if targets are not being met.
• Supervise annual performance appraisals review for all staff in accordance with Africare staff policies.
• Develop annual staff development plans taking into consideration areas of weaknesses and skill gaps noticed during appraisals and from staff career plans.
• Maintain good and productive relations between staff and Africare management by playing a positive role as a link between the management and Staff.
• Develop human resource short term training updates.
• Monitor and update yearly staff performance evaluation.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A successful candidate must have a bachelor degree or its equivalent in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or any other related discipline with post graduate qualifications in human resources management or its equivalent.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in organizational practice.
• Three (3) years or more experience in practicing human resources management in a reputable organization is highly desirable.
• Knowledgeable of USAID rules and regulations and other international donors is a prerequisite
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
• Computer literate with reporting skills
• Loyalty and a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
• Sound knowledge of Tanzania Employment Regulations.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a resume and cover letter. In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience. Please send your application materials indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line to the following address:
Human Resources Manager
Dar es Salaam
Late applications shall not be considered. Please respect our no phone call policy.