Job Title: Finance Manager
Employer: Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and implement sound financial control and management system. This among other things includes the coordination of the production of all financial control and manage merit tools such as manuals, policies and guidelines.
• Build the capacity or create awareness to the team to make sure that it understands and follows the company financial policies.
• Develop standard accounting procedures to improve financial operations efficiency
• Lead and manage the budgeting process including the formulation of monthly and annual budgets and targets. This will also entail presentation of annual accounts with recommendations.
• Preparation and submission of weekly and monthly financial reports in accordance with the TAHA and partners policy. Generate financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses, etc.
• Overall cash management on an ongoing basis. As the FM, you will provide the overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems, review of accounts and investigation of variances then setting recovery plans.
• Evaluation and preparation of TAHA Capital expenditures.
• Financial risk analysis and advise on mitigation or Insurance/ risk management
• Close involvement in any business negotiations with TAHA partners or service providers around financial or budget aspects.
• Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies and partners are well understood and adhered to by TAHA.
• Participate in performance evaluation of finance staff and identify skill development needs for recommendation to the organization. Ensure capacity development to finance staff from time to time.
• Ensure accurate calculation and distribution of salaries and other benefits to employees
• Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
Qualifications and Experience:
• A degree in the field of accountancy, finance or business administration with at least 5 years working experience in accountancy or finance;
• At least 2 years' experience after attaining a CPA or ACCA
• Experience' in development projects, NGO, donor organization, association or any project-related organization will be an added advantage;
• Good analytical and interpretation skills;
• Computer literacy, i.e. Quick Books or related accounting software; Diligent, highly organized and self-motivated individual;
• Able to work under pressure and beyond the call of duty to meet deadlines; and
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required;
How to Apply:
Only email application with the position title Placed in the Subject line is accepted. Please Send your application via Email below. Note that application deadline is Monday, 31st March 2014 and Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted
The following MUST be included in the application package:
1. Cover letter describing your interest
2. Curriculum vitae with names and telephone contacts of three referees.
3. Copies of relevant certificates
4. Salary history