Job Title: Family History Writer
Employer: Carepoint Photoplus Studio
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th March 2014
Carepoint photoplus studio, located at makumbusho near Simba kapakatwa, engages in photography, videography and graphic design. It is a newly formed studio with ambition to expands its market share by exploring untapped opportunities.
• To interview family members and develop family history tree.
• To collect photos of various family members (including family event photos). It will also entail tracing closer relatives in order to get photos
• To scan and arrange photos in systematic order based either on events or generation
• To interview family members and document special stories and memoirs
• To come up with key themes of the family book
• To arrange photos and family stories based on themes developed under Number 5 above
• To shoot additional photos as might deemed necessary
• To collaborate with other staff to write and produce family history book
Most of the family are in Dar es salaam, but the assignment might involve travelling to other regions.
• Young graduate (degree or advanced diploma) with qualification in history, Communication, Journalism , Sociology, marketing, Fine art or related subjects
• Good writing skills- both English and Kiswahili
• computer literate
• conversant with photo shoot
• Good interpersonal Skills - A MUST
• Ready to travel to rural area (if necessary)
How to Apply:
Please send your application through the apply now button below and ensure you write "application for family history writer" in subject line.
Your application should consist the following:
1) An application letter/email detailing your qualifications, physical address and telephone number
2) A shorter Essay (1-2 pages only) on family history and key components or themes of a family history book (ensure your work is original as you will be given another test if shortlisted)
Send application to: email@example.com