Job Title: Executive Director
Employer: Sokoine University Graduate Entrepreneurs Cooperative - SUGECO
Duty Station: Morogoro, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
SUGECO’s mission is to prepare, enable, and support knowledge-intensive, innovative entrepreneurs as they build successful businesses along agricultural and agribusiness value chains throughout Tanzania. Its vision is to create future generations of successful businesspersons who transform our culture to value entrepreneurship and help to create vibrant private economy.
The Executive Director will be the strategic and operational leader of the organization. He or she will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for guiding and implementing their vision for the organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Organize, coordinate, and provide leadership to the organization
• Advocate for entrepreneurship for development
• Advocate for human resource value addition towards creativity and innovation
• Nurture a positive and productive relationship with SUA
• Connect SUGECO to important partnerships, collaborations, and networks
• Apply for and negotiate grants
• Guide strategy and implementation
• Mobilise resources
• Oversee effective and efficient use of resources
• Oversee effective and efficient implementation of projects and programs
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must possess:
• Master or PhD in economics, agribusiness, entrepreneurship, business administration, sociology, agriculture or development;
• In-depth knowledge of the Tanzanian economy and business environment in the sectors targeted by SUGECO;
• More than 3 years of experience in mentorship, business incubation, and network weaving;
• Entrepreneurial spirit and sensitivity to member needs;
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a CV, cover letter, and salary history through the apply now button below by 4 April 2014. Please indicate 'Application - Executive Director' in the subject of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. East African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will be hired on annual an contract, with possibility of renewal. A competitive salary and benefits package, including a housing stipend, transportation allowance and insurance, will be offered to the successful candidate. Relocation assistance may also be available.