Job Title: Data Analyst
Employer: Ethical Consultancy
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• Supporting the organization national teams on sampling, survey design, quality of research implementation, data processing, analyses, preparation of the national descriptive reports and communication of the data. You will advise on the various parts of the organization data process; provide quality assurance as required and identify existing bottlenecks or inefficiencies.
• Undertaking Empirical analysis out of the collected data to compare results for the three countries. You prepare/write accessible policy briefs out of the analyses which are widely communicated. Based on the briefs, and jointly with the organization’s Regional Manager and country coordinators, the researcher engages a policy dialogue with key actors on the situation and how to improve learning.
• Overseeing the organization data centre. You will have overall responsibility of the organization’s data centre and ensure that the data entry and cleaning processes are well executed.
• Responding to data requests from students, researchers and organizations. You will respond, in a timely manner, to persons interested in the organization data. You will ensure that the organization’s data in the public domain, is accessible, and in the right formats. You will seek pathways of ensuring wider use of the data sets.
• Providing quality assurance to the organization’s Country offices. You will ensure that the country offices adhere to the research protocols and Organization standards.
• Support management in communication and representation needs as needed.
• Participate in the organizations processes (training, assessment);
• Undertake the activities above in line with the associated budgets and with work plans, in ways that are consistent with organization’s policies;
• Prepare and submit quality and timely plans, budgets and reports ;
• Keep abreast of new ideas and materials in the area of organizational learning, M&E and communications ;
• Participate in meetings and sessions as needed;
• Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your manager or the Head of the organization
Qualifications, Education, skills and experience:
• A masters or PhD degree in economics or social sciences;
• Extensive knowledge of micro-data and empirical analyses (including packages such as STATA or SPSS), evidenced, preferably by publications in refereed journals and/or books, reports or brochures;
• Good grasp of and experience with practicalities of implementing household surveys;
• Able to design, oversee and lead the implementation and analysis of household surveys / randomized experiments;
• Able to carry out original analyses using large micro-data sets;
• Can write well, in English and (preferably) in Kiswahili;
• Able to present complicated arguments in understandable, accessible and compelling language, using accessible graphics to support the argument;
• A team player who is able to work independently and deliver quality outputs with minimum of supervision;
• Understands the ongoing policy debate and is able to respond to it and design information products around it.
• Has a good academic network and is able to interest other researchers to use the organization set up to carry out randomized experiments.
How to Apply:
Please Send your CV through email link below or to: email@example.com