Job Title: Communication Officer
Employer: Small Industries Development Organization - SIDO
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th March 2014
• Degree or advanced diploma in Marketing or Mass Communication and at least 5 years experience working in radio stations or related media.
• Have in depth and practical knowledge in print media and radio programmes formulation. Have good ICT skills.
• Have good advocacy and advisory talents and proven ability to work in a team. Have good writing and verbal communications skills.
• Have evidence of having conducted successfully similar assignments before.
• Must be available for the work throughout the duration of the programme. Ability to execute duties alone and as a team.
• Age should not be more that 45 years old.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a guideline on how to produce effective interactive radio programmes that will be used in the different regions.
• Travel to the field regularly to establish a good rapport with the partner radios that SIDO has signed MOU to build a good relationship and establish goodwill.
• Collect information on the relevance of radio programmes to be aired, review the contents and recommend to implementers of the MUVI Programme, then to partner radio stations for execution.
• Provide training and technical support to BOOs, Radio staff and VCIPs marketing specialists in designing radio programmes and promotional materials tenable to RMSMEs and other stakeholders that will entice sponsors for sustainability purposes.
• Together with DMI, BOOs, VCIPs and partner radio stations to develop the best and effective means of collecting, disseminating, storing and sharing marketing information for project beneficiaries.
• Advice on how sponsors will be obtained to sponsor RMSMEs through the radio programmes and printed materials and provide a list of viable sponsors in each region.
• Design radio programs that are attractive and together with marketing specialist visit and solicit sponsors to finance the RMSMEs programme.
• Make regular follow-up of the aired programmes in all the regions and give recommendations for review when necessary.
A competitive salary will be offered on performance based contract.
Duration of The Assignment
Full time assignment from March to August, 2014.
How to Apply:
Application with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials together with names and addresses of at least three reputable referees (preferably work related for those who are employed) should be addressed as shown below, to be received two weeks from the first appearance of this advertisement.
Small Industries Development Organisation
PO box 2476
Dar es salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.