Job Title: Senior Research Engineer Energy Innovation
Job REF: No. 02
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
• Responsible for execution of all electrical energy audits and establish energy conservation opportunities in all customers premises and industries, implement innovative Demand Side Management (DSM) and energy efficiency (EE) strategies with the objective of ensuring efficient utilization of energy to minimize cost of electricity to all customer groups and maintain and/or increase the quality of service to customers; for the utility to benefit from adding more customers to the existing system without additional power generation facilities.
• To carry out research works of energy innovation strategies in Demand Side Management (DSM) and Energy Efficiency (EE) Programs under cost reduction approaches, provide advice to consumers on end-use efficiency, energy management and marketing of demand-side management strategies.
• To carry out research/studies on improvement operational efficiency and provide appropriate technical advice to the company on Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) to emphasize management of demand side resources, to improve end use energy efficiencies, load management and innovative energy tariff rates.
• To carry out studies in DSM and EE to minimize cost of electricity to all customer groups to maintain and/or increase the quality of service to customers; for the utility to benefit from adding more customers to the system without additional power generation facilities.
• To undertake thermal and electrical energy audits in industrial, commercial and residential customers and establish energy conservation to assist the Company to implement innovative DSM and EE strategies.
• To carry out studies on load management for flattering the load curve and recommend corrective measures to reduce overall electricity demand.
• Carry out research on enablers and barriers of demand side response including technical, financial, and behavioral factors of various customers segments and recommend actions to be taken.
• To carry out studies for identification of loopholes for technical/non technical losses in the distribution system (power quality) and advise on sustainable corrective measures.
Carry out studies and develop low cost electrification models and carry out studies pertaining to rural electrification through grid extension, mini-grids and isolated household systems including hybrid systems and advice the Company on low cost electrification options. Prepare cost estimates and analyze Power Systems.
• A good bsSc/ degree in Electrical/Energy Engineering and MSc in Engineering;
• Possession of qualifications in Computer Sciences or Post Graduate in Busmess Management will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies & Skills:
• A minimum of three (3) years of active experience in research works/energy efficiency in energy sector.
• Registered by Engineering Registration Board as an engineer;
• Registration as a Professional Engineer will be an added advantage
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to changes. Willingness and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Self-Management and Personal Traits:
• Excellent Communication Skills, Engineering ethics and Code of Conduct.
• Creative, innovative and team working skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills. -
Remuneration and Benefits:
An attractive package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references.
Applications should be marked private and confidential and addressed to:
Senior Manager Human Resources, TANESCO Ltd.
Umeme Park Ubungo,
P. O. Box 9024
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: