Job Title: Senior Research Engineer Renewable - Electrical
Job REF: No. 01
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
• Responsible for execution of all research works in new & renewable energy technologies and keep abreast with trends in renewable energy improvement technologies with the objective of ensuring that the Company diversifies its energy generation sources to reduce high dependency in liquid fired and hydropower generation sources and ensure smooth integration of renewable energy into the power system.
• To undertake, direct, organize, control and supervise daily research works on new & renewable energy technologies under cost reduction approaches.
• To carry out research/studies, develop and recommend new & renewable and alternative energy projects including wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic energy, geothermal and other alternative energy technologies;
• To carry out research works on new & renewable energy technologies and appropriately
advice the company on new energy resource technologies.
• To carry out research/studies on the company's power network for identification of impacts of variable power generation sources to ensure smooth integration of renewable energy sources into the power system.
• Participate in research on the alternative and renewable technologies, cost reduction approaches, improvements in operational efficiency, and technical standards for generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and to appropriately advise the company on new technologies.
• To carrying out pre-feasibility/feasibility studies and field investigations during design/ construction phase of renewable energy power projects and provide appropriate advice to ensure TANESCO is in line with industry best practices for execution of renewable energy projects.
• To keep abreast with trends in renewable energy improvement technologies and best practices in consideration of changing technology environment and provide appropriate advice to the Company in integration and associated impacts of renewable energy sources to the network.
• Carry out research/studies in new and renewable energy technologies, develop, and design new & renewable energy projects to ensure acceptability of budgets and time lines, -. Conformance to government laws and adherence to approved specifications and standards.
• A good BS,c degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and MSc in Engineering;
• Possession of Post Graduate in Business Management (MBA) will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies & Skills:
• At least three (3) years of full-time experience renewable energy and Energy Management /experience in energy sector in a reputable company/organization.
• Registered by Engineering Registration Board as an engineer;
• Registration as a Professional Engineer will be an added advantage
• Computer skills
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to changes. Willingness and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Self-Management and Personal Traits:
• Excellent Communication Skills, Engineering ethics and Code of Conduct.
• Creative, innovative and team working skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills. -
Remuneration and Benefits:
An attractive package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references.
Applications should be marked private and confidential and addressed to:
Senior Manager Human Resources, TANESCO Ltd.
Umeme Park Ubungo,
P. O. Box 9024
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: