Job Title: Program Officer
Employer: Pact Tanzania
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Serve as an active member of the program team for the implementation of Pact's Most Vulnerable Children (MVC) activities and also act as an organizational mentor to Pact OVC partner organizations and ensure maximum collaboration between Pact and Local Government Authorities (LGA) in execution of the program
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the program approaches, objectives and goals are well understood and implemented accordingly by MVC partners,
• Participates in solicitation process of partner organization,
• Provides technical support to partner organizations in developing program descriptions, budgets and action plans as part of improving their planning skills and capabilities,
• Provides mentoring, coaching and training to staff of partner organizations as a means to develop their capacities to deliver the program,
• Collaborates with technical partners towards integration of the various MVC related aspects like Economic Strengthening, Child Protection /GBV and HIVI AIDS prevention, Advocates for the MVC agenda to communities, LGA and private sector to contribute to service delivery to MVC households,
• Supports and ensures effective program implementation and compiles timely quarterly progress and annual reports regarding program support and implementation, Remains up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements in MVC programming.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in field(s) relevant to fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities as described above.
• Energetic team player who enjoys working with CSOs, At least three years of progressively responsible experience as a program development professional.
• Experience in formulating training programs, Preference for candidates that have been involved in donor funded development programs, Social Work experience a plus
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position and curriculum vitae, detailing your experience with three referees through the apply now button.
Closing date for applications: 4th April, 2014 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)