Job Title: Associate Director of Operations
Employer: The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation [EGPAF]
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Champions adoption of a "culture of compliance" by the country program in accordance to all Donor, Foundation, and
• In-Country policies and procedures (including all applicable local laws) by providing clear guidance to staff, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all applicable rules and regulations, and developing and monitoring systems to ensure all activities are implemented and documented in accordance with these policies.
• Manages the process of establishing sub-agreements with partners, ensures these partners have available funding per their agreements at all times, and ensures the implementation of these agreements in line with all applicable policies, procedures, and local laws.
• This position oversees the operational capacity building efforts of these partners and implements systems to monitor the operational management and performance of these parsers.
• Finally, this position ensures all documentation regarding the management of these agreements is complete and well-organized and liaises with the Director Operations regarding all applicable agreement matters - including the close-out of these agreements.
• Information Technology
• In collaboration with the IT manager,ensure all appropriate IT equipment and infrastructure is in place, well-maintained, safeguarded, and properly functioning with minimal downtime, and that staff are properly trained on all IT-related systems, policies, and procedures.
• Supervise the Procurement & Logistics Manager to oversee all processes for identifying appropriate goods and services to be purchased in order to support the Foundation's needs, manages these relationships with key vendors and landlords, and ensures all procurement activities are properly documented and all appropriate pre-approvals are obtained.
• Additionally, the position manages an inventory system of all Foundation property and equipment, ensures vehicles are properly maintained, processes tax exemptions as applicable, and facilitates in-kind procurements on behalf of the Foundation's sub awardees.ln addition, ensure Donor, Foundation, and In-Country policies and 'procedures applicable to Procurement & Logistics practices are adhered to accordingly
• Oversees the general maintenance, security, and use of the Foundation's office premise(s), equipment, and supplies and ensures that appropriate procedures are in place for receiving visitors and external phone calls.
• In collaboration with the Associate director, Field Programs, Provides operational support and oversight to all in-.country
• Sub-offices and seconded staff. Ensures in-country sub-offices are properly staffed with operational personnel and that these personnel are properly trained and integrated with the country's head office operations team.
Qualification and Experience:
• Mastery of at least three of the relevant functional areas under their supervision
• Bachelor's Degree is required; Master's degree in Business Management, Operations or any other relevant field is an added advantage
• Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience in a senior operations management and leadership role required including at least 3 years experience in a management capacity
• Knowledge of United States Government funding environment and experience working with USAID and/or CDC funding is highly desired':
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while producing quality result
• A team player with a depth understanding of supportive and integrated approach in the operations department
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and these positions are open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and referees.
The Human Resource Manager
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation [EGPAF]
P O Box 1628
Oysterbay, haille selasie road plot 8 & 10
Dar es salaam