Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Employer: SOS Children's Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th April 2014
• Prepares payment vouchers (bank and cash), and petty cash payments. Posts all payments to the appropriate register in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Maintains all necessary supporting documentation.
• Banks all income received and effects all cash withdrawals.
• Maintains a Donations Register and ensures that all donations received are properly accounted for. Ensures that the facilities are run as economically as possible, in accordance with the provisions of the annual budget.
• Maintains a computerized fixed asset register and ensures this is updated regularly. Ensures that all cash, cheque books and financial records are safely locked away. Ensures that all invoices are paid promptly in order to protect the reputation of SOS. Consults immediate. supervisor before major decisions or purchases are made.
• Assists where required in developing or improving financial or administration procedures. Controls travel claims for SOS Children's Villages staff members.
• Maintains records and a proper filing system.
• Assists in preparation of various financial statements.
• Performs any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Academic Qualification and Experiences:
• Advanced Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Finance or its equivalents.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in a busy environment (preferably with an NGO)
• The candidate must be self-motivated, innovative with new ideas and a team player.
• Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
• Computer literacy with report writing skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, Enclose a detailed updated_ CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania