Job title: Advisor, Girls' Education Program
Employer: Room to Read
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th March 2014
• Leads the development, review, and revision of the Girls’ Education program strategy for Tanzania and ensures alignment with global strategy.
• Responsible for the successful overall implementation of the Girls’ Education program strategy in Tanzania. This includes implementation of program activities on time within budget, and assuming personal responsibility for direct program implementation if necessary.
• Provides excellent leadership of the Girls’ Education program team and supports staff as a mentor and participatory leader. Effectively delegates responsibility and holds team members accountable. Encourages collaboration, innovation, excellence, and professional growth.
• Takes a leadership role in advocacy in line with the global and country Girls’ Education program strategy. Builds coalitions of partners to support advocacy agenda.
• Ensures that innovations, best practices and lessons learned are documented and shared between regions and with other Room to Read country programs.
• Collaborates with Research, Monitoring and Evaluation team members to conceptualize, plan, and carry out research and evaluation of the program.
• Leads the identification and implementation of strategic partnerships for the Girls’ Education program and Room to Read in general.
• Manages the participatory development of a Girls’ Education team professional development plan. This includes design and facilitation of capacity building trainings for Girls’ Education program staff and others as needed.
• Participates in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science; Education and/or other related discipline
• A minimum of ten years of professional experience in development or an academic organization
• Experience in planning and implementation of education programs on a large scale
• Experience in direct program implementation at field level
• Excellent leader with experience building and managing strong teams including leading and managing teams
• Ability and desire to travel within the country frequently (about 30-50% of the time)
• Proven track record of achieving results independently and as part of a team
• Experience in managing budgets, projects and people
• Strong collaborative nature with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Legally eligible to work in Tanzania; no sponsorship provided
• Master’s degree in Social Science; Education and/or other related discipline
• Prior experience of working in an international setting or an international NGO
• Experience of working in the area of girls’ education
• Experience of developing and/or implementing life skills and gender-based programs
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
• Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
• Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
• Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
• Work well independently as well as part of a team
• Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
How to Apply:
Please go to our website for more details of the job and application instructions