Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employer: Ni Dafinaa
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th March 2014
Ni Dafinaa (www.nidafinaa.com) is the ultimate online destination for hand picked curated fashion jewelry. Dafinaa is a Swahili word for “Treasure” and Ni Dafinaa therefore means “It’s Treasure!” Every month, subscribe to receive a uniquely packaged “treasure” bag that contains 3-4 pieces of jewelry, handpicked by our stylists and customized to suit your personal style. We have created a new & unique way for customers to discover and buy jewelry. We believe that every woman should have an affordable and effortless way to shop and sparkle!
The Administrative assistant works with internal and external parties to initiate and run major projects. Coordinates schedules and activities, placing orders for supplies and services, and tracking progress and results. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will perform various administrative tasks. These tasks include filing project documents, creating and maintaining schedules, compiling weekly status reports, attend meetings, take minutes and is also expected to schedule meetings and arrange travel for others who are attending.
• Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule, which includes administrative tasks and all matters involving assigned projects. Additionally, gather all project information: schedules, data requests, assignments, tasks, and project meetings.
• Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication.
• Process customer schedules and reports to ensure we are meeting all appropriate customer needs and expectations.
• Effectively handle all matters relating to customer service – be in charge of Ni Dafinaa phone and email orders, communicate effectively on the phone & on email to all customers and handle the logistics of product deliveries.
• Coordinate meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports
• Assist in project team meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members.
• Monitoring project progress and performance.
• Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Proficiency in both English & Swahili a must
• Post Secondary Education required – Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree
• One to two years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role
• Proficient in the use various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc as well as Social Media platforms
• Familiarity and knowledgeable of the fashion & entertainment industry (Tanzania & abroad). Candidate should possess an interest and desire to work in this industry
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Customer service skills a must
• Ability to work late and on weekends when working on extended project deadlines or when requested to attend events with company directors
• Ability to work on other projects with company partners and effectively meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the apply now. www.nidafinaa.com. You must indicate the job title – Administrative Assistant – in the subject line.
Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted.