Job Title: Accounting and Administration Officer
Employer: ACRA-CCS Foundation
Duty Station: Iringa, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th April 2014
• Assisting the Country Administrator and the Project Managers in maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations;
• Monitoring and supervising debts and payments in all currencies to suppliers and to staff, ensuring complete compliance with the laws, donor’s procedures and ACRA-CCS internal procedures;
• Process payment of PAYEE, NSSF and SDL
• Using appropriate software to process data and produce reports as required, in order to facilitate efficient operations;
• Preparing and monitoring monthly cash flows and funding requests related to all activities;
• Preparing and monitoring monthly Bank and Cash reconciliation;
• Maintaining accurate and comprehensive records in compliance with internal procedures and donor’s requirements;
• Follow up VAT and Duties Exemptions;
• Support to the Project Managers for the preparation of tenders and purchase procedures
• Archiving receipts, invoices and all the supporting documents for accounting;
• Permanent follow up of the expenditures for Vehicles and Phones;
• Maintaining Inventories, Tender and Contracts Registers
• Maintain personnel files including leave periods and prepare contracts.
• Certificate or Diploma in Accountancy or Degree in Administration, Finance or related;
• Desirable 3 + years’ experience working in administrative/financial department of a reputable organization;
• Sound knowledge of the English language;
• Knowledge of accounting softwares
• Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail;
• Understanding of legal financial obligations in Zanzibar and Mainland Tanzania;
• Excellent analytical skills and abilities.
• Work Place will be in Iringa.
• Applicants MUST have, as a minimum, a relevant degree qualification.
How to Apply:
The contract will start immediately at the end of the selection process.
Interested persons should send their Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter (no more than 1 page) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send certificates and diplomas through e-mail: they will be requested only from pre-selected candidates.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.