Job Title: Teachers – 5 Posts
Employer: SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st March 2014
Vacancies: 5 vacancies (1 Primary teacher, 4 secondary teachers for English, Biology/Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & Geography and laboratory Technician)
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Teaching students as per developed lessons plan and schemes of work
• Providing conducive learning environment for all students by observing the children’s rights
• Offering to all students an effective education in a stimulating environment provides equality with collaboration and partnership with students, parents/care takers, together with co- workers.
• Responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
• Preparing tests, examinations and marking them as per school calendars
• Acting as a role model to the children
• Holder of Diploma/first degree in the B.A Education/Bsc, Education from any government recognized college in the relevant field of the above mentioned subjects.
• Fresh graduates are highly encouraged to apply
• Eager to work under NGO’s working environment
• Self-motivated with proven results oriented teacher.
• Works under minimum supervision
How to Apply:
Send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position,
Enclose a detailed updated CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.