Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist – 2 Posts
Employer: Walter Reed Southern Highlands AIDS Program
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Mbeya Referral Hospital Laboratory
Application Deadline: 25th March 2014
• Work at the Mbeya Referral Hospital Laboratory as a Laboratory Technologist, carrying out laboratory diagnostic and clinical monitoring tests including diagnostic Nucleic Acid PCR assays, Genotyping and Proteomics, Bacterial and Mycobacterial cultures, Clinical Chemistry analyses, Haematological tests and another duties as assigned by the laboratory manager.
• Follow written Standard Operating Procedures for every aspect of pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of the testing process in a laboratory.
• Ensure compliance to quality assurance standards based on recommendations from the Section Supervisor and Quality Manager.
• Assist in the implementation of a quality management system for the MRH Laboratory.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of proficiency testing for EQA.
• Assist the section head institute in the departmental audit.
• Document all occurrences in the occurrence log and carry out corrective and preventive action.
• Participate in the organization’s staff appraisal scheme
• Contribute actively to departmental training programs as appropriate, and to the training of medical technologists within the locality and nationally.
• Contribute to the goals and objectives of the HJFMRI/WRP and MRH.
This position requires a person, who is capable of working independently, fully understands and is committed to implementing quality standards required of an ISO15189 accredited Laboratory in accordance with directives issued by the Section Supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology/Sciences. A degree in Medical Laboratory Technology/Sciences will be an added advantage.
• Certificate/proof of registration with The Health Laboratory Practitioner's Council of Tanzania
• Knowledge and skills of working with Nucleic Acid Amplification and detection techniques (Important)
• Knowledge of DNA sequencing methods
• Knowledge and skills in general microbiology laboratory procedures
• Knowledge and skills in general clinical chemistry, haematology, flow cytometry and serology laboratory procedures
• Knowledge and practical experience of use of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Laboratory Quality Standards implementation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
• Computer Skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access packages.
• Be registered or eligible for registration with the Health Laboratory Technologists Council of Tanzania.
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or e-mailed to; email@example.com NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Deadline for submission of the application is Monday March 24th, 2014. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.