Job Title: Assistant Program Officer (Volunteer Program Support)
Employer: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 10th March 2014
• To asses and analyze submitted requests for JICA Volunteers from different Organizations.
• To support the volunteer coordinators in matters relating to the management of the JICA Volunteer Program.
• To be liaise with concerned organizations in matters relating to JICA Volunteer program.
• To provide information necessary for JICA volunteer's activities including identification of needs and conditions of volunteer requesting organizations.
• To publicize JICA volunteer activities through website, leaflets and press releases
• To prepare official documentations and translation of documents from Kiswahili into English.
• Any other duties as requested by JICA
• Knowledge of Japanese an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you are interested in any of the above positions and possess the necessary qualifications please submit your written application (word file) to the address below enclosing the following documents:
Your detailed curriculum vitae with certified certificates of qualification
A one page (A4 size) on why you want to join JICA and how you think you can use your experience in the advancement of the job you are applying for
In the case of Program Officer, please also submit answer to the question asked (one page A4size paper) 4. Names and contacts of 2 referees
Reasonable remunerations will be paid to successful candidates
Please note that JICA will contact only those candidates who will be shortlisted for interview. Those who will not have been contacted by March 28, 2014 should consider themselves as having been unsuccessful and that submitted applications will not be returned to the applicants.
Kindly direct your applications/inquiries to the following address:
General Affairs Section,
JICA Tanzania Office,
3rd Floor Barclays House,
P.O. Box 9450
Dar es Salaam