Job Title: Manager Procurement-Tendering
Job Ref. 03
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2014
- Coordinates Procurement Management Unit (PMU) Secretariat in all procurement proceedings onwards to Tender Board deliberations.
- Coordinates both Tender Board and opening meeting by assisting the Senior Manager Procurement in convening and attending these meetings as per schedule and requirement of the Law.
- Ensures that there is correct documentation of the procurement proceedings in both meetings.
- Assist the Senior Manager Procurement in the preparation of the Corporate Procurement Plan as well as the Procurement Unit’s Business plan.
- Ensures that there is appropriate support to Tender Board and that all decisions and directives of the Tender Board are implemented.
- Ensures all outcomes of tender openings are implemented including recommendations of Evaluation teams and reports are returned timely.
- Reviews the Procurement plan, implementation and performance reports with the aim of ensuring that they conform to procurement needs of the Company.
- Assist the Senior Manager Procurement in managing all Minor and Micro procurement to ensure flow of office materials support in line with the Procurement Act.
- Maintains good relations with vendors, contractors and other stakeholders in line with legal framework of our country.
- Overseas the daily postings of tender transactions to the computer system – Tapros and that all staff abides to this requirement.
- Prepares all pertinent reports related to the unit undertakings on Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly basis and that the same are submitted timely.
- Supervises all activities that falls under Tendering unit by ensuring that staff are working within the agreed targets.
- Ensures that staffs are given appropriate support in making sure that they perform well.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Procurement and Materials Management from recognized Higher Institutions. Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Certified Supplies Profession of the Procurement and Supplies Professional & Technician Board (PSPTB).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and 3 years as Senior Officer
A competitive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted.
Advert for this post can also be retrieved at: www.tanesco.co.tz; all electronic applications must be forwarded to the email indicated at the bottom.
Phone calls soliciting for this position by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applying for the mentioned jobs should quote reference numbers indicated against each post and should be submitted to the address below to:
Senior Manager Human Resources,