Job Title: Technical Advisor (TA) – READVERTIZED
Employer: Forestry Training Institute (FTI),
Duty Station: Arusha, with frequent travel to the project sites and other areas.
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Technical Advisor will provide support to project staff on communication including assisting with maintaining the project and liaising with the media.
- The Technical Advisor will provide advice on the design and implementation of project communication.
- The Technical Advisor will support the FTI Principal in relation to communications with development partners and other donors that might have an interest in the project.
- The Technical Advisor will provide support to the Project staff in the preparation of work plans and budgets for the ECOPRC project.
- The Technical Advisor will assist project staff in the development of project quarterly and biannual reports
- The Technical Advisor will seek the permission of the FTI Principal before sharing project data with any other organization or individual outside of FTI unless that data is already publicly available.
- The Technical Advisor will provide support to project staff including the Project Manager to resolve conflicts.
- The Technical Advisor will help to foster a culture of mutual respect and transparency within the project team and with the communities that the project seeks to serve.
- The Technical Advisor will be a member the Project Advisory Committee.
- The Technical Advisor will provide advice and support to the FTI board in relation to the implementation of the ECOPRC Project.
- The Technical Advisor will provide support in the development of terms of reference for consultants as well as monitoring consultant performance.
Relationship to other project staff and to the project advisory Committee
- The Technical Advisor will report to the FTI Principal.
- The Technical Advisor will work alongside the MJUMITA Executive Director,
- FORCONSULT Coordinator and RECOFTC in supporting the effective implementation of the project.
- The Technical Advisor will receive, review and comment on monthly and quarterly technical reports from the Project Manager and will provide technical support on all issues relating to the project.
- The Technical Advisor will provide the necessary technical support and guidance to other project staff through planning meetings, field visits, review of reports ? The Technical Advisor will report directly to the Finance administrator for any funds that she/he manages.
- The Technical Advisor will also review the FTI components of the ECOPRC project financial reports.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- PhD or MSc either in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Environment or equivalent.
- 8 years experience in Participatory Forest Management or natural resources management or Environment and working with rural communities
- Experience on Climate Change and REDD+ is an added advantage
- Strong experience in Capacity Building/Participatory Training and Curriculum Development.
- Strong team building, leadership, communication, coordination, listening and
- Networking Qualities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field sites.
Terms of Employment:
The position is for 5 years renewable every two years, subject to fulfillment of the responsibilities outlined in this document and in the project Human Resources
Manual and receipt of funds from the Royal Norwegian Embassy for the project.
Attractive remuneration in accordance with the special project package.
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.