Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Senior Manager Procurement Jobs at Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Job Title: Senior Manager Procurement
Job Ref. 01
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2014
• Convene and attend all Tender Board meetings to ensure correct documentation of the Tender Board proceedings thereof.
• Lead preparation of Corporate Procurement plan to ensure its implementation is in line with approved corporate annual budget.
• Act as a Secretary to the Tender Board by supporting the functioning of the Tender Board to ensure decisions and directives of the Tender Board are implemented.
• Review the Solicitation documents, Procurement plans, Procurement implementation plans, Procurement performance reports so as to ensure that the same comply with procurement principles and that they respond to the procurement needs of the Company.
• Review Procurement Manual to ensure it responds to operational reality of the company and to ensure it is kept current with Public Procurement Act and other International Procurement Guidelines.
• Manage disposal of company assets by Tender activities to ensure that the process is compliant to the Public Procurement Act.
• Oversee maintenance of procurement records to ensure that all procurement activities are properly documented according to the Public Procurement Act requirements.
• Develops continuous efforts to improve Procurement operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work process and work cooperatively and jointly to ensure quality service to customers and stakeholders.
• Maintains liaison with Vendors, Contractors and other Procurement stakeholders within procurement legal frame work of the Country to ensure that the Company is well represented in all matters related to procurement.
• Prepares and issue approved procurement contract documents to suppliers/contractors and to ensure that respective monthly information reports are prepared for the Tender Board, Management, user functions and other stakeholders.
• Maintains an appropriate Organization structure with adequate staff based on Company’s needs and priorities and management of staff in the procurement business unit is well coordinated.
• Ensure that staff under Procurement Management Unit (PMU) at Zonal and Regional level are given appropriate support by the Zonal and Regional Managements and are monitored accordingly.
• Plan and implement staff development training.
• Prepare and submit relevant managerial and technical reports related to the procurement business unit operations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• University Degree in Business Administration, Procurement & Commerce
• Certified Supplies Profession of the Procurement and Supplies Professional & Technician Board (PSPTB).
• At least 8 years of working experience in Energy Sector operations with five (5) years in a senior position in developing and managing procurements applying national and international standards in a large or reputable utility company/organization.
A competitive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted.
Advert for this post can also be retrieved at: www.tanesco.co.tz; all electronic applications must be forwarded to the email indicated at the bottom.
Phone calls soliciting for this position by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applying for the mentioned jobs should quote reference numbers indicated against each post and should be submitted to the address below to:
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Tanesco Ltd Umeme Park,
P. O Box 9024
Dar es salaam.