Sunday, 2 February 2014
Senior Legal Officer Job at Open University of Tanzania
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer (PGSS 15- 16)
Employer: The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th February 2013
Possession of LLM Degree plus one year attendance of Intern-ship /the Law School and must be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court. Must be computer literate, with at least five years of relevant working experience in a similar position.
- Scrutinizes and effects registration of leases and transfer of properties in liaison with the Estates Manager.
- Participates in negotiations for writing general contracts pertaining to such leases and transfer of properties.
- Represents the University in more complex legal issues.
- Liaises with retained external legal agencies.
- Interprets laws and other legal technicalities.
- Appearing in court on behalf of the University.
- Prepares legal briefs and provides legal advice to Management.
- Compiles evidence relevant for court cases involving the University.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
NB. Age limit: Not above 45 years.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Number and Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
• Applications should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of three referees
• The applicants should be willing to work in any of the regions in Tanzania Mainland’s and Zanzibar, as specified in the vacancy list above. No change of work station is possible after being appointed.
• All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letter through their respective employers.
• All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
For Academic Posts, interested applicants should submit the applications to the undersigned;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)
Open University of Tanzania
Kawaka Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759