Job Title: Senior Driver GRADE II – 1 POST
Employer: Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI)
Duty Station: Sota Sub-Station – Rorya, Mara
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving of motor vehicles, cars, pick-ups and lorries as may be assigned;
- Ensuring motor vehicles and their accessories are in good condition;
- Making some minor repairs;
- Maintaining and recording log sheets (books) for all journeys made
- Reporting promptly any defects or problems detected in the vehicles
- Maintaining disciplined behavior and proper conduct in rendering services to
- his/her assignees
- Performing any other duties assigned by the relevant executive.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Form 1V/VI certificate
- Class “C” driving license with at least seven years of clean driving experience;
- Have passed Trade Test Grade I in a motor vehicle mechanics.
- Has attended the V.I.P. Advanced Drivers’ Course and attained Advance Driver’s
- Certificate Grade I from the National Institute of Transport or equivalent institution.
Terms of Employment:
Permanent and Pensionable
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary
Scale: PGSS 6
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.