Monday, 17 February 2014
Senior Conference Officer Jobs at EAC Secretariat
Job Title: Senior Conference Officer
Job REF: EAC/HR/2013/066
Employer: EAC Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and provide conference policy guidelines, administrative procedures and coordinate their implementation.
• Coordinate, prepare and organize conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars as appropriate.
• Handle all administrative logistics regarding the preparations, organising and convening the said meetings, conferences, seminars, etc in (2) above.
• In liaison with the Procurement Section, coordinate sourcing for and payments for conference services.
• Take note of emerging issues from discussions during conferences, workshops and meetings, follow up with relevant authorities.
• Facilitate travel arrangements for delegates attending EAC meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars as appropriate.
• Liaise with the host Governments/Institutions to facilitate the fulfilment of obligations of the Secretariat in relation to meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Under the guidance of the Principal Administrative Officer, ensure adequate budgetary logistical provisions for conference services.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Arts, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
• At least eight (8) years working experience in similar or related position. Knowledge of and experience in events management is essential.
Skills and Competences:
• Strong pro-active, organisational, analytical, communication, administrative, computer and report writing skills.
• Good skills in time management and the ability to deal with people in different capacities are desirable.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.