Employer: The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th February 2013
Qualifications: Possession of Form IV/VI Certificate with two Principal Passes in Arts subjects and must have a credit pass in English at “O” level plus a Certificate in Records Management from a recognized institution. Must be computer literate.
- Opens new files and indexes cards.
- Maintains an up-to-date register of office files.
- Files correspondences into the appropriate files and cross references.
- Copies correspondence to relevant files.
- Gives searchers numbers of files which are required for filing.
- Ensures proper file Management.
- Returns files to the cabinets and arranges them in proper order.
- Maintains up-to-date file index books.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
NB. Age limit: Not above 45 years.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Number and Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
• Applications should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of three referees
• The applicants should be willing to work in any of the regions in Tanzania Mainland’s and Zanzibar, as specified in the vacancy list above. No change of work station is possible after being appointed.
• All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letter through their respective employers.
• All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
For Academic Posts, interested applicants should submit the applications to the undersigned;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)
Open University of Tanzania
Kawaka Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759