Job Title: Projects and Finance Compliance Manager
Duty Station: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure program resources received from internal and local donors are used in accordance to policies, rules and regulations, especially USAID Oversight, coordination and communication of program implementation and monitor effective performance of project activities and finance operations
• Assist program activities to improve efficiency and quality of services
• Cross checking the compliance of the procurement (of goods and services) process for sponsored projects at all departments Verifying quality of the key deliverables under grants by detailed analysis of the activities of department or programs.
• Preparation of regular program reports and project proposals for external and internal use
• Coordinating with the Chief Internal Auditor in undertaking internal audits and follow up for compliance of the Internal Audit observations Establish standards and implement procedures to ensure compliance throughout the organization effectively/efficiently in identifying, preventing and detecting fraud and abuse plus addressing noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations
• Conducting periodic risk assessments and response plans
• The applicant must be a CPA holder and experienced in project management. Experience in dealing with donor funded activities especially USAID will be an added advantage
• Degree or equivalent in financial policy, organizational development, business law, or a related field preferred Minimum 10 years of experience in audit, procurement, finance, management, or legal work
• Knowledge of US government / USAID regulations, policies, and compliance requirements related to international assistance programs
• Ability to work with people from different ethnic, religious and other backgrounds and persuasions; Knowledge of financial and projects management;
• Must be computer literate and very fluent in English both written and spoken.
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
Our Center is typically closed in the evenings, on weekends, and public holidays.
How to Apply:
All applications letters with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact to:
The contact address is;
The executive Director
P.O. BOX 70225
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.