Employer: Pathfinder International
Duty Station: Mwanza, Sengerema
Application Deadline: 14th February 2014
• Cultivate and strengthen positive, productive relationships with Touch Foundation and other implementing partners including Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, and other local government agencies, ensuring that Pathfinder International is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner in meeting and achieving project targets.
• Collaborate with government ministries and local government departments in overall management of Pathfinder funded activities.
• Work closely with the project’s funders to ensure regular communication on the achievement of project goals and objectives.
• Manage project, finance, and support staff in Sengerema and Shinyanga to ensure project deliverables are met.
• Work closely with the HR and Admin department at Pathfinder Tanzania to .ensure that project staffs adhere to Pathfinder finance, administration, human resource, and operations rules and regulations.
• Responsible for strengthening community Health System to mobilize and educate community members to address the four delays leading to maternal morbidity and mortality and ensure that community health workers address the different stages of women and newborn care.
• Train community health workers on mobilizing and educate the community about maternal mortality and morbidity
• Strengthen provider capacity for MNH services and BEmONC at Health Centers and Health Dispensaries. Strengthen provider capacity to address post-partum hemorrhage (PPH) through active management of the third stage of labor and use of the non-pneumatic anti-shock garment.
• In collaboration with other partners, strengthen and provide technical capacity strengthening support of MNH services and EmoNC at HCs and HDs
• In collaboration with other partners create and implement strategy of access to treatment for VVF.
• Support the establishment of a functional referral system for comprehensive management of MNH that links the hospital with the community in the key areas of transportation, information, communication and supplies.
• Disseminate knowledge gained and lessons learnt to the health management and the wide global health communities.
• Manage funds at local bank account and approve expenditures in accordance with Pathfinder International and MMH procedures, cost principles, and regulations.
• Develop, monitor and revise budget pipeline and conduct monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all program activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced degree in public health, social sciences or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing health and or social sector programs in developing and transitioning countries, with at least 3 years of experience providing technical assistance at the community level.
• Demonstrated ability in program design and integrated approaches to community and local government engagement.
• Hands-on experience working effectively with local, regional and central-level government authorities as well as local partners, civil society and faith-based organizations, and community leaders to build local capacity and carry out social empowerment, income generation and integrated family health care initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
• In-depth knowledge of public and/or private health systems, decentralization of services, and the latest professional developments in community-based service delivery.
• Demonstrated management skills working with complex programs involving short deadlines, multiple tasks, intense pressure to perform, and coordination with multiple partners.
• Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity building, and high-level strategic visioning and leadership.
• Ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior Government personnel, international organizations, NGO partners, host country governments, and U. S. Government Agencies.
• Familiarity with community-based approaches for service delivery and procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
• Excellent knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working in
• Tanzania and thorough understanding of applicable US Government regulations and administrative procedures.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references, and a covering letter explaining why you are best suited for the position before the close of business on February 14, 2014. Applications should be addressed to the Associate Director of Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.