Employer: Forestry Training Institute (FTI),
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of project finances;
- Preparation of annual budgets in line with the guidelines provided in the project document
- Will ensure that proper financial procedures are absolutely adhered to by all project staff and executing agencies at levels;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all ECOPRC bank accounts;
- Audit the Books of Accounts and ensure that prudent, accurate and up to date books of accounts/records are well kept;
- Facilitate disbursement of project funds;
- Prepare financial records and advise the PM on project’s financial status and trends;
- Will ensure that auditors are availed all necessary documents during the audit;
- Any other related work as may be assigned by the PM
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor degree or Advanced Diploma either in Business Administration
- (Accounting and Finance options), Commerce (Accounting and Finance options),
- ACCA/CPA at the minimum of 2nd level from a recognized college.
- 3 years experience working with government and donor funded projects.
- Computer literate, especially in electronic spreadsheet, and other accounting packages.
- Knowledge on banking and financial control.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Terms of Employment:
The position is for 5 years renewable every two years, subject to fulfillment of the
responsibilities outlined in this document and in the project Human Resources
Manual and receipt of funds from the Royal Norwegian Embassy for the project.
Attractive remuneration in accordance with the special project package.
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.