Thursday, 27 February 2014
Program Officer Jobs at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Job Title; Program Officer (Water and Sanitation Sector)
Employer: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 10th March 2014
• To collect and analyze information regarding water and sanitation sector in Tanzania through relevant document: meetings/seminars and site visits.
• To join monitoring and evaluation activities of on-going and completed water projects of JICA and make necessary follow-up
• To represent JICA in various meetings/seminars/workshops related to the sector and make minutes on those meeting To publicize JICA activities in water and sanitation sector through website, leaflets and press releases
Qualifications and Experience, Skills:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil or Water Resource Engineering from a recognized university.
• Master's degree in relevant-field will be added advantage.
• Prior Working experience of not less than 3 years in water supply and sanitation sector in Tanzania at government public organization, NGO or private consulting company (experience in/with Local Government Authority will be added advantage),
• Have common sense of punctuality, discipline and willingness to work in the ever changing environment
How to Apply:
If you are interested in any of the above positions and possess the necessary qualifications please submit your written application (word file) to the address below enclosing the following documents:
Your detailed curriculum vitae with certified certificates of qualification
A one page (A4 size) on why you want to join JICA and how you think you can use your experience in the advancement of the job you are applying for
In the case of Program Officer, please also submit answer to the question asked (one page A4size paper) 4. Names and contacts of 2 referees
Reasonable remunerations will be paid to successful candidates
Please note that JICA will contact only those candidates who will be shortlisted for interview. Those who will not have been contacted by March 28, 2014 should consider themselves as having been unsuccessful and that submitted applications will not be returned to the applicants.
Kindly direct your applications/inquiries to the following address:
General Affairs Section,
JICA Tanzania Office,
3rd Floor Barclays House,
P.O. Box 9450
Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam