Job Title: PMTCT Programme Officer
Employer: Walter Reed Program
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 16th February 2014
The program officer for PMTCT is based in Mbeya with frequent travel to Rukwa and Ruvuma and Mbeya regions and limited travels to Dar es Salaam for support visits, and reports to the Medical Director. This position will initially be for 2 years after a probation period of 6 months. With mutual satisfaction and agreement, the position will be renewed thereafter.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates the management of PMTCT activities and program components within the zone
• Collect, manage and analyze data to support and improve quality of PMTCT programs.
• Document and disseminate best practices in managing data to improve quality of PMTCT programs.
• Provide on-job training for the health care workers on provision of PMTCT services.
• Establish and maintain a strong relationship with Regional MOH and District Health entities, and Faith – based organizations responsible for implementing the national PMTCT program.
• With Council Health Management Teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT), design and implement innovative strategies for improving the quality of PMTCT services
• Assist in development of program procedures, systems and referral mechanisms
• Assist in the development of community linkages and support groups for HIV positive mothers and their families to ensure a network of quality care
• Work closely with Walter Reed M&E team to ensure monthly reporting of PMTCT indicators.
• Write regular program reports as required.
• Undertakes periodic review of implementation and operation of monitoring and reporting mechanism (SAPR and APR); including preparation of best practices and lessons learned.
• Participate in the Zonal RCH meetings to strengthen the integration of Pediatric HIV care with the National goals.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Nurse Midwife preferably with Masters in Public Health (MPH) or similar degree or MD with experience in MOHSW Health Care Delivery
• Minimum three years’ experience working with PMTCT programs.
• Experience with Pediatric HIV programming and/or RCH services
• Proven interpersonal skills in working effectively as a member of a team or independently
• Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with multiple government agencies, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, and the private sector
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Proven verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations
• Willingness to travel in Southern highlands up to 50% of the time
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or e-mailed to; email@example.com. NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Deadline for submission of the application is February16th, 2014. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.