Job Title: Personal Secretary GRADE II – 1 POST
Employer: Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI)
Duty Station: Sota Sub-Station – Rorya, Mara
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Type all general correspondence and confidential matters;
- Receive visitors, interview and guide them where they could be attended;
- Keep records of events, appointments, visitors, dates of meetings, duty travels of the head of department and other work programmes in the office where he/she is working and inform the boss at the appropriate time;
- Get the files, documents or anything required by the head of department for his/her office functions;
- Deliver messages of the head of department to his/her assistants and vice versa;
- Prepare agenda for departmental meetings;
- Prepare a list of office requirements and submit it to the respective office for supply;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the head of the typing pool or department
Qualifications and Experiences:
Form IV/VI Certificate with passes in English and Kiswahili, have passed Secretarial Examination Stage III; 80 wpm shorthand in English and
Kiswahili; have attended computer training from any Institute recognized by the
Government and attained a certificate in Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet, Email and Publisher programmes;
With a working experience of at least three (3) years.
Terms of Employment:
Permanent and Pensionable
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary
Scale: PGSS 7/8
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.