Job Title: Personal Secretary II (PGSS 10-11) - TWO (2) POSITIONS
Employer: The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th February 2013
Qualifications: The candidate should be a holder of National Form IV/VI Certificate with credit passes in English and Kiswahili or foundation course certificate plus Diploma in secretarial studies from Tanzania Public Service College or any recognized Institutions with at least four years working experience in the relevant field and Shorthand/Hatimkato 100/120 w.p.m and 50 w.p.m typing, tabulation and manuscript stage III. Must be computer literate in the following programmes: Microsoft office, Internet, E-mail and Publisher.
- Types confidential and non confidential documents.
- Ensures expedient, accurate and clean execution of duties
- Organizes travel arrangement for senior officers and other officers within the Unit
- Prepares meeting and records Proceedings.
- Supervises and guides junior secretaries
- Attends telephone calls and keeps appointment.
- Types all general correspondence and non-confidential matters.
- Types letters, minutes, notices, bulletins, circulars, certificates, charts and stencils.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
NB. Age limit: Not above 45 years.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Number and Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
• Applications should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of three referees
• The applicants should be willing to work in any of the regions in Tanzania Mainland’s and Zanzibar, as specified in the vacancy list above. No change of work station is possible after being appointed.
• All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letter through their respective employers.
• All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
For Academic Posts, interested applicants should submit the applications to the undersigned;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)
Open University of Tanzania
Kawaka Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759