Monday, 17 February 2014
Personal Assistant Jobs at East African Court of Justice
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job REF: EAC/HR/2012/037
Employer: East African Court of Justice
Duty Station: Arusha - Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work as Personal Assistant to the Judge President
• Initiate the planning, organization and performance of work for the Judge
• Undertake targeted research and gather information in order to facilitate the
• Office of the Judge President’s decision making process
• Prepare reports and make recommendations to the Judge President for follow up action
• Manage, understand and develop procedures to facilitate proper reporting of all the necessary information to the Judge President
• Respond to queries particularly directed to the Office of the Judge President
• In liaison with the Registrar, prepare and distribute documentation for official missions and meetings of the Judge President
• In liaison with the Registrar, arrange for briefs and reports concerning activities of the Office of the Judge President
• Establish an effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for the Office of the Judge President.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Masters Degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, Political Science, Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
• 8 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of Court operations is essential.
Skills and Competencies:
• Good computer skills, must be up to date with current issues, good intelligence with all around knowledge mostly in customer services,
• Public relations, accounting, and management,
• Should be able to multi-task and be able to work under stressful situations,
• Good research skills,
• Good report writing skills,
• M&E skills,
• Planning skills,
• Should have determination to complete tasks at hand within a timely manner, not only having to know where every thing stands but also making sure that it all keeps moving smoothly,
• Must be able to lead and should be a good communicator.
Terms and Conditions of Service
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport
allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int;
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.