Job Title: Occupational Health and Safety Officer
Employer: Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 28th February 2014
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to improve the quality of life of people living with disabilities as well as their families and to enable them to achieve their legitimate potential.
Duties to Include:
• Inspects workplaces to ensure equipment, materials, and production processes do not present a safety and health hazard
• Investigates health and safety related complaints
• Evaluate work related incident forms, near misses, surveys, audits to establish root cause analysis and together with Supervisors and Managers concerned, formulate a plan of action to correct non-compliant behavior or conditions
• Enforces health and safety laws and regulations
• Provides advice regarding the development of safe and healthy practices
• Develops prevention and control program
• Encourages managers, supervisors and employees to participate in occupational health and safety programs
• Provides assistance to all areas/departments in setting and implementing occupational hygiene objectives and work plans prioritized according to identified risks
• Analyses the collected data to review occupational environment periodically to identify prevailing health hazards, personnel at risk based on e.g. task analysis
• Maintains updated record of personnel sick leaves and personnel occupational health matters.
• Coordinates with the Committee and the Representatives assessment of employee exposure to potential risk and damage caused by working environment.
• Ensures proper loss prevention measures are in place to minimize employee exposure and provides required protection.
• Participates and prepares reports to management to keep them fully advised on the technical issues of occupational health, deviation from optimum conditions, existing and potential risks and any untoward consequences thereof.
• Evaluate work related incident forms, surveys, audits to establish root causes and together with Supervisors and Managers concerned, formulate a plan of action to correct non-compliant behaviour or conditions
• Identify safety training needs, organise and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate
• Co-ordinate the regular meetings of the committee
• Assist in appointment of safety representatives
Work Experience / Skills:
• Work experience in the medical field/Hospital environment ( E)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety (E )
• Project management ( P )
• Skills in planning and conducting on the job trainings ( E )
• Skills in Microsoft office and Visio ( E )
• Medical background (e.g. medical doctor or registered nurse/midwife, bachelor in nursing) ( E )
• At least a bachelor’s degree in (Health/Hospital) Management or Public Health or in a related field (e.g. Nursing Science) ( E )
• Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety ( E )
E – Essential, P – Preferred
We are an equal opportunities employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of Application or curriculum vitae with two references and maximum one page cover letter on why you believe you are the right candidate for this position. Please send it via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543, +255 (0)
22 260 2192, Fax: +255 (0) 22 260 1544. Website: www.ccbrt.or.tz, www.baobabhospital.or.tz
Closing date for Applications: 28th February 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted