Job Title: Network Administrator
Job Ref: EAC/HR/2013/073
Employer: East African Legislative Assembly
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyse, design, develop, implement and maintain software applications in accordance with established EAC IT standards.
• Analyse user needs in order to develop or modify website software systems.
• Develop and maintain EACJ website and coordinate with other players to ensure the website’s smooth operations.
• Prepare and maintain up to date user manuals.
• Evaluate existing information systems and procedures and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Test and implement new and revised application software systems to ensure that they meet user requirements.
• Provide software maintenance and technical support.
• Develop and implement proper backup procedures for data files stored on EAC servers and maintain up to date electronic back up copies at an offsite location;
• Provide computer training and user support to ensure that existing technology is best utilized.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
• Telecommunications, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized University plus relevant professional qualifications.
• 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining ICT systems.
Skills and Competencies:
• Team building skills,
• Networking skills,
• Public relations,
• Customer care,
• Training skills,
• Computer skills,
• Supervisory skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
All post is tenable on a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory performance and mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
The above position is also subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
In line with the provisions of the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations,
Candidates whose age will be 55 years at the time of appointment will not be eligible.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
For more information, visit our website: www.eac.int;
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, e-mail or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone contact to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: +255 27 2504255/ +255 27 2050281
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who meet its requirements.