Thursday, 27 February 2014
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs at Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Tanzania
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Coastal Rural Support Program (Tanzania)
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Lindi, Mtwara, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 14th March 2014
• Take the lead on development and implementation of all data collection processes (studies/surveys, routine
• monitoring tools and other M&E instruments), from data collection planning to data analysis and communication;
• Ensure training of field staff on use and applicability of M&E instruments and tools necessary for successful
• project implementation;
• Contribute to documentation of observed trends and reactions, lessons learnt and analyzed data as well as ensuring information is used for informed decision-making within the M&E and Programme teams.
Qualifications / Experience:
• A degree in International Development, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or relevant field;
• Training and educational background in statistics or closely related field
• Experience working in the agriculture sector, with value chain background if possible;
• Proven skills and at least three years of relevant experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, including implementation, data management and analysis using SPSS, Access or other relevant data management/analysis software;
• Willingness to participate in field activities/surveys and travel to remote areas within the region with' a demonstrated ability to manage enumeration teams;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Swahili an advantage;
• Good knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions.
• Must be willing to live in Mtwara, Tanzania and spend long periods in rural areas
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs (not exceeding 3 pages), including contact details for three professional references, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the particular position, to the Country Director, Aga Khan Foundation Office P.O. Box 125, Dar-es-Salaam or by e-mail