Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Employer: Pathfinder International’s
Duty Station: Mwanza, Sengerema
Application Deadline: 14th February 2014
Pathfinder is seeking highly motivated and self-driven staff to join a dynamic team to support the Mobilizing for Maternal Health Project. These include, but are not limited to: Integrated Family Health (e.g., FP/RH, HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment, and Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health), Community Engagement, Health Systems Strengthening, Human Capacity
• Ensure that all donor and Pathfinder requirements related to project M&E are fulfilled in a timely manner
• Participate in the production of all reports including quarterly and annual reports, research, technical reports, presentations, etc.
• Provide implementation support to relevant partners, monitoring and give feedback.
• Develop and adapt project indicators, tools for data collection, and reports.
• Work closely with the respective program officers and line manager to ensure that the performance monitoring plans and strategic implementation frameworks are complementary and consistent.
• Participate in the planning and selection of qualified consultants and critically assess consultant reports and other deliverables.
• Conduct regular data quality assurance reviews.
• Design or adapt project/country performance monitoring database to report national and global indicator and performance indicator data quarterly to Project team members and Country Management Team.
• Disseminate Pathfinder International monitoring and evaluation policy and standard procedures, as appropriate, and collaborate with the Director of M&E based in Dar es Salaam in the development of organization-wide monitoring and evaluation guidelines
• Disseminate information on Pathfinder project and program evaluations through written reports, conference presentations and publications and assist project staff to do so
• Be part of the Knowledge Management team that will vigorously work to share project learning and other resources from within and without for enhanced organizational effectiveness
• Represent PI in partners M&E forums
• Develop M&E plans for proposals for future projects and/or review project proposals from the programmatic M&E perspective
Qualifications and Experience:
• Have a master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Demographics or a related field
• Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in monitoring, designing, and implementing programs in health, HIV/AIDS, or human resource management
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation including the ability to develop and monitor database systems for data management and routine reporting
• Possess demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis and data management as well as demonstrated analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices approaches to be utilized by the project
• Experience in using data/evidence for decision-making
• Experience in working with district leaders/officials in a decentralized setting Proficiency in statistical databases (e.g. SPSS, EPI-Info) as well as strong skills in Excel,
• Word, Access and Power Point
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili with proven ability to document and articulate results
• Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with donors, MOH, project partners and to provide technical M&E leadership and represent pathfinder
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references, and a covering letter explaining why you are best suited for the position before the close of business on February 14, 2014. Applications should be addressed to the Associate Director of Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.