Job Title: Medical Records Manager
Employer: Aga Khan Hospital
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th February 2014
REF # MRM001
This is a management position with responsibility for the effective and appropriate management of Hospital's and its affiliated center's records from their creation through to their eventual disposal.
Providing access to accurate records for a range of operational and strategic purposes and liaise with senior managers in order to improve the organisation's efficiency and to help ensure the preservation of archives for the future.
• Perform supervisory routines and training of team members computer-based patient systems
• Ensure that legal obligations are met for the creation and retention of both paper and electronic records. This includes controlling the number of records created and stored, and identifying which records are to be preserved for historical and research purposes and which should be destroyed.
• To ensure policies and procedures in place for medical records chart completion by practitioners is observed
• To oversee departmental transcription and diagnostic coding process
• To formulate and update medical record policies and procedures as needed ensuring appropriate reference to licensure and accreditation standards
• To prepare departmental annual goals and objectives providing outcome analysis
• Participate in department/facility performance improvement projects and provides data and required information during licensure and accreditation surveys Academic
Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced Diploma/Degree in Medical Records Management
• At least 5 years experience of which at least two years should be at supervisory/management level.
• Experience in Hospital Industry will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
Send application letter with detailed curriculum vitae & certified testimonials; mark reference number on envelope or email. By email (preferred) by mail or delivered:
Aga Khan Hospital
Human Resource Department
P O BOX 2289
Dar es salaam, Tanzania