Monday, 24 February 2014
Mechanical Technician Jobs at Songas Tanzania
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th March, 2014
The role will working closely with Mechanical Team Leader to ensure the overall production facility and identifying any potential problem and giving appropriate communication thereby ensuring a safe and reliable operation of process plant and equipment. The Mechanical Technician is expected to:
• Be able to carry out preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance activities of all the equipment and the facility, off-site facilities which are under the O&M of UPP including but not limited to, gas pipe line, Wazo Hill gas station etc
• Recording of all the maintenance activities on plant equipment.
• Have good knowledge about the implication of the safety and environmental impacts of his work.
• Contribute to the ISO and OHSAS programs of the plant
• Be able to perform welding tasks required in the plant
• Assist supervisor in data collection of equipments and spares.
• Have the ability to work with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
• Hold valid driver license if operating company vehicles
• Perform routine mechanical tasks assign to him with minimal supervision
• Properly use of all Company working Tools and safer custodian.
• Be able to perform minor vehicle maintenance ex: tire change, oil change and servicing
• Willing to work away from UPP on a short leave
• Conduct other reasonable assignments that may be requested to do by management team member
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate will most likely have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
• Minimum qualification: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Trade School
• Minimum 3 years of experience in providing technical support
• Resourceful and able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Fluent Swahili and English languages
• Holding a valid driver license.
Must have Good interpersonal Skills, Analytical Skills, Good sense of humor, Trust worthy and honest.
Songas aims to be a premier employer, the remuneration package and benefits attached to these positions will reflect this commitment as well as the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application consisting of:
A typewritten statement of not more than two A4 sheets giving your brief background and indicating why you qualify for the position applied for; a curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant training and professional certificates and full contact details of three referees who are willing to vouch for your professional background before the interview.
The deadline for submission for this position is 7th March, 2014 at 1630 hours.
Applications should be done online through the following web address: www.songas.bamboohr.com/jobs
Or you can hand deliver your applications to Songas’ offices at the junction of Mandela and Morogoro Roads, Ubungo Dar Es Salaam. Please indicate on the envelope the post you are applying for as: “Mechanical
Technician”. “Songas is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in People and Ideas”.