Job Title: Lecturer (PUTS 4 - 5) - OUT2014/03
Employer: The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th February 2013
Qualifications: Candidates should have a PhD degree in the relevant field or equivalent professional qualifications for non PhD applicants, relevant publications will be considered.
As for Assistant Lecturer/Research Fellow with added responsibilities, he/she will be required to:
- Teach face to face course and lead seminars;
- Undertake individual research and participate in bigger multi-disciplinary research projects;
- Prepare manuals and case studies for training;
- Offer close supervision and guidance to students;
- Manage undergraduate programmes
- Undertake consultancy projects.
NB. Age limit: Not above 45 years.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Number and Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
• Applications should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of three referees
• The applicants should be willing to work in any of the regions in Tanzania Mainland’s and Zanzibar, as specified in the vacancy list above. No change of work station is possible after being appointed.
• All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letter through their respective employers.
• All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
For Academic Posts, interested applicants should submit the applications to the undersigned;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)
Open University of Tanzania
Kawaka Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759