Job Title: Welfare Manager(Job Number: 140003J4)
Duty Station: Iringa
Application Deadline: 28th February 2014
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
• To provide specific support to female employees on matters of abuse and harassment, including a “Safety for Women and Girls” programme and to support the implementation of employee welfare policies, guidelines and procedures
• Define standards for welfare facilities and activities i.e. houses, schools, social halls etc.
• Audit, report and ensure infrastructures within the estate/factory/unit are maintained to the highest standards on time in full within the allocated budget.
• Ensure welfare expenditures are in line with the budget.
• Ensure high professionalism in handling welfare issues
• Train & develop all employees on welfare issues at the Unit
• Implement Welfare policy in the business and ensure policies and procedures on welfare are current, conform and where appropriate are best practice
• Deliver welfare targets in line with Company strategy to be done for the year.
• Facilitate counselling services to employees in the business.
• Interface with stakeholders, such as Estates, Factories, Finance, HR, Legal, Security, Supply Chain, Unilever Kenya Ltd., and external stakeholders.
• Work with external trainers and rollout to the units aspects relating to Unilever Code of Business Principles- specifically Sexual Harassment Policy, Human Rights and Counselling as per Welfare annual operating plan;
• Propose new ideas within company scope to improve overall welfare for employees.
• Participate in the preparation of Company welfare budgets & performance.
• Responsible for cascading Company information relating to welfare to employees.
• Co-ordinate training of employees on policies relating to Human Rights, Counselling & work standards.
• Facilitate the implementation of all company policies and procedures in the Department/Unit especially HR, CoBP specifically Sexual Harassment Policy;
• Coach and mentor employees on welfare & human rights issues.
• Coordinate Dignity Enhancement committee meetings with the leadership team and rollout actions as deemed fit.
• Monitor Dignity Enhancement Committee (DEC) agenda in respective units and departments and communicate same to DEC at LT level.
• Monitor housing committee meetings and ensure implementation of actions across the business.
• Facilitate counselling to employees as may be required.
• Monitor the upkeep of villages, schools, social halls etc.
• Drive social campaigns, audit and report on welfare issues, Human Rights and other areas as may be allocated by the LT from time to time.
• Monitor water treatment and conservation of water, electricity and other utilities in the villages.
• Participate in welfare related conflict resolution and escalation at unit level.
Required Skills & qualifications
• Graduate in Business Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Human Resources, Agriculture and Horticulture.
• At least 3 years relevant experience in a reputable organization.
Infrastructure Management skills
Project Management skills
Co – ordinations skills
• Counseling Skills
How to Apply:
Please Apply online