Tuesday, 25 February 2014
Jobs at Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited (TTLC) - NGN Core Network Engineer
Job title: Engineer – NGN Core Network
Employer: Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited
Duty Station: Dar-es-salaam
Application Deadline: 27th February 2014
To ensure world class operation, administration and maintenance of core Next Generation Network (NGN) especially Network solutions, and Network Management to achieve set performance targets.
Reports To:- Engineering Supervisor – NGN Switching
• Design, implement, test and commission voice network solutions in cooperation with other network operation teams and customers.
• In collaboration with commercial teams, validate the work orders and requirements from Voice Customers.
• Manage customer networks and services to meet quality standards and resolve problems within SLA timeframes.
• Pro-actively, escalate and follow ups, with appropriate departments in order to resolve technical issues which may impact and or lead to timely delivery of quality of services.
• Frequently, perform routine and preventive maintenance on NGN Core Systems in accordance with engineering instructions, standards and schedules as may be directed by appropriate authorities.
• Collect proper network performance information, analyze, prepare and submit network reports as may be required.
• Perform network installation, integration, upgrades or expansions as may be directed by appropriate authorities.
• Effectively support field engineers and technicians on operation and maintenance activities of the NGN core Network.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management including other parties at IP NOC.
• Degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, Electrical or equivalent technical education and Systems CCNA Voice or equivalent certificate holder.
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience on Voice communication networks and services.
• Good knowledge of voice communication networks (NGN, PSTN, CDMA, GSM, or GSM), signaling protocols (SS7 and SIGTRAN, of Intelligent Network Systems and number analysis, routing and charging systems.
• Ability to work on shift, irregular hours and/or overtime.
• Effective time management and must be able to handle the pressure of work.
How to Apply :
Please Apply Online Here