Employer: Tanzania Commission for AIDS (TACAIDS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate facilitation of United Nations Programs on HIV and AIDS and other national programme in Tanzania
- Preparation of Programmatic and financial reports of United Nations Based Programs and other programme
- Develop prevention and control Programmes and projects.
- Coordinate all National and international Programme on Prevention and Control of HIV and AIDS.
- Design Programmes and projects for Key Population.
- Advocate for and promote the appropriate use of research data from inside and outside the country for informed decision making.
- Coordinate public sector, professional bodies doing implementing UN Programme
- Coordinate and ensure functionable MKUKUTA Dialogue Structures.
- Prepare Joint thematic Working Groups
- Review, develop and facilitate evaluation of Technical support Plan
- Facilitate review of Prevention Strategy 2009-2012
- Any task to be assigned deemed useful
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Master of Public Health / Community Medicine /Social Science
- Bachelor of Medicine.
- Working with Government Programmes for more than 3 years
- Working experience not less than 5 in Public Health
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.