Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Jobs at TANESCO - Procurement Manager
Job Title: Manager Procurement - Contracts & Compliance
Job Ref. 02
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2014
• Assist the Senior Manager Procurement in convening, attending to Tender Board and ensure that there is correct documentation of the proceedings and advice for compliance.
• Assist the Senior Manager Procurement in the preparation of the Annual Procurement Plan as well as the Procurement Unit’s Business plan.
• Ensures that there is appropriate support to Tender Board and that all decisions and directives of the Tender Board are implemented as related to contract and compliance.
• Develops a system that ensures proper records and archiving of procurement records related to procurement process.
• Liaise and create a good link between TANESCO and other procurement Authorities, i.e. PPRA, PSPTB, PPAA etc.
• Research on new developments regarding tender methods, documentations, and liaise with PPRA for clearance as regards to their uses.
• Follow up on executions of all contracts awarded to various service providers with the aim of ensuring compliance to the terms and conditions and to timely trigger the necessary actions in case of defaulting.
• Provides a link with stake holders to the Contracts Management with the aim of getting all information regarding to contracts execution, order placement, payment and inspections for ensuring quality.
• Overseas the daily postings of tender transactions to the computer system – TAProS and ensures that all staff abide to this requirement.
• Prepares all pertinent reports related to all undertaking on Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly basis and that the same are submitted timely.
• Provides updates as regards to procedures in regards to procurement process via procurement manuals.
• Institutes the evaluation of staff in an objective manner.
• Supervises all activities in the Compliance unit by ensuring that staffs are working within the agreed targets.
• Assist the Senior Manager Procurement in responding to queries from audit or any related to procurement compliance
• Plans and develops training needs assessment to staff in the unit to ensure they are well equipped with new skills to cope with changing environment.
• Arrange and conduct monitoring activities related to all procurement transactions that are undertaken by Regions and Zones for best procurement practice on quarterly basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree of Procurement and Materials Management from recognized Higher Institutions. Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Certified Supplies Profession of the Procurement and Supplies Professional & Technician Board (PSPTB).
• A minimum of 5 years of experience and 3 years as senior officer
A competitive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted.
Advert for this post can also be retrieved at: www.tanesco.co.tz; all electronic applications must be forwarded to the email indicated at the bottom.
Phone calls soliciting for this position by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applying for the mentioned jobs should quote reference numbers indicated against each post and should be submitted to the address below to:
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Tanesco Ltd Umeme Park,
P. O Box 9024
Dar es salaam.