Job Title: Professor (PUTS 10) OUT2014/01 Professor FSTES ANY 1 HQ
Employer: The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th February 2013
Qualifications: The Candidate should have at least three years of professional work as
Associate Professor with extensive teaching and research experience. In addition one must have published study materials whose weighing totals eight points (for course units) on one good book with one course unit. For Associate Research Professor, Candidates should have eight course units or sixteen points or two books and two course units since last promotion.
As the Associate Professor plus the following:
- Conduct formal training in specific multidisciplinary projects conducted by the University.
- Provide personal guidance and advice to client in the field; undertake large consultancy projects
- Provide guidance to members of staff;
- Prepare and publish manuals or textbooks in related fields. A Professor is also expected to deliver a Professional Inaugural lecture within two years of promotion.
- He /she should demonstrate the ability to provide the highest leadership in the discipline at large, in research, or supervision.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Number and Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
• Applications should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of three referees
• The applicants should be willing to work in any of the regions in Tanzania Mainland’s and Zanzibar, as specified in the vacancy list above. No change of work station is possible after being appointed.
• All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letter through their respective employers.
• All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
For Academic Posts, interested applicants should submit the applications to the undersigned;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)
Open University of Tanzania
Kawaka Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759