Job Title: Program Officer (Energy Sector)
Employer: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 10th March 2014
• To collect and analyze information regarding the energy sector in Tanzania through relevant documents, meetings seminars and site visits
• To represent JICA in various meetings/seminars/workshops related to the sector and make minutes of those meeting To join monitoring and evaluation activities of on-going and completed energy projects of
• JICA and make necessary follow-up
• To publicize JICA activities in the energy sector through website, leaflets and press releases
• To do coordination and logistic work with Tanzanian organizations and Development Partners for smooth operation a JICA activities, which include letter-drafting and mission arrangements of appointment making, accommodation an transport arrangement)
• Any other duties as requested by JICA
Qualifications and Experience, Skills:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills both in English and Kiswahili (Knowledge of Japanese language will be an added advantage).
• Able to work as a team and independently
• Able to travel throughout Tanzania and abroad
• Word, Excel and Power Point
• Working experience of not less than 3 years in civil service or development work,
• Have common sense of punctuality, discipline and willingness to work in the ever changing environment (experience of working with a donor agency and knowledge of energy will be added advantages).
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in any field
• A Masters Degree and academic background on energy will be added advantages.
Applicants should answer the following question (typed in one A4size sheet):
"Please describe the challenges you see in the energy sector in Tanzania, and how you think Tanzania should tackle with these challenges" ,
Expected Age: Between 25 and 40
How to Apply:
If you are interested in any of the above positions and possess the necessary qualifications please submit your written application (word file) to the address below enclosing the following documents:
Your detailed curriculum vitae with certified certificates of qualification
A one page (A4 size) on why you want to join JICA and how you think you can use your experience in the advancement of the job you are applying for
In the case of Program Officer, please also submit answer to the question asked (one page A4size paper) 4. Names and contacts of 2 referees
Reasonable remunerations will be paid to successful candidates
Please note that JICA will contact only those candidates who will be shortlisted for interview. Those who will not have been contacted by March 28, 2014 should consider themselves as having been unsuccessful and that submitted applications will not be returned to the applicants.
Kindly direct your applications/inquiries to the following address:
General Affairs Section,
JICA Tanzania Office,
3rd Floor Barclays House,
P.O. Box 9450
Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam